Graduation will begin at 1:30 p.m. Thursday, May 4, 2017
at the Curtis Memorial Community Center.
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
- 2:00 pm Phi Theta Kappa Ceremony in the Ed Center Auditorium
- 3:00 pm Graduation practice at the Curtis Memorial Community Center
- 5:30 pm Picnic at “The Barn”
- 7:00 pm Awards ceremony in the Ed Center Auditorium
Thursday, May 4, 2017
- 12:00 pm Individual diploma pictures with Dr. Rosati
- 1:00 pm Line up for graduation (west side of the Community Center)
- 1:30 pm Ceremony begins
- Reception following the ceremony
Please plan to attend graduation practice. We ask that you be there promptly at 3:00 p.m. so we can do a quick run through. You will need to notify Vicky if you cannot attend practice but are planning on participating in the ceremony. Students, faculty, staff and their immediate families are welcome to attend the picnic.
Individual pictures of you and Dr. Rosati will be included in the diploma packet which will be mailed to you, compliments of NCTA.
Graduation is a formal event and we ask that each graduate dress accordingly.
Official protocol for caps and gowns is that nothing can be worn on the outside of the cap or gown except Honor Cords or a PTK stole. No flowers, pins, ribbons, decorating the cap etc. There will also be no drinks/water bottles allowed at practice or at the ceremony.
Everyone will need to go through the checkout process, which can be done May 1 –4 or now if you are a VT student leaving on internship. Check out sheets may be obtained from your advisor or in the Welcome Center.
If you have any questions, please contact Vicky Luke.