Ag Ed / Animal Science & Related Jobs
Date of listing: July 30, 2014
Location: Grand Island, NE
MID NEBRASKA FEEDS
721 CLAUDE RD
GRAND ISLAND, NE 68803
We are a Purina feed and livestock equipment store. Customer service is our number one priority.
Warehouse/Store Job applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Speak fluent English
- Have basic math skills
- Be eager to work and have the ability to work independently or with others
- Have ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Have valid driver's license & good driving record. Have a Class B CDL or be willing to get one.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Load customers
- Unload delivery trucks
- Keep warehouse clean and organized
- Maintain accurate inventory
- Make deliveries with flatbed and auger trucks
- Operate forklift and bobcat
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 75 lbs & pallet jack up to 2300 lb pallets
- Perform general maintenance of property and equipment
- Operate cash register
- Learn about products and do store sales
Some warehouse and livestock experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right person.
Date of Listing: July 21, 2014
Location: Hardy, NE
Gene Transfer Technician – Full Time
Zoltenko Farms Inc., a progressive and family-owned livestock operation located near Hardy, NE, is seeking a self-starting, trustworthy individual to fill a full time position in a challenging and team-oriented environment.Qualified Gene Transfer Tech candidates are:
• Fast learners
• Process oriented
• Able to work independently
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Animal Care - feeding, medicating, working with pigs
• Sanitation & Maintenance – power washing, basic repairs
• Laboratory Processing - evaluating, processing, packaging, cleaning
Must possess the excellence mindset needed to meet quality control standards during and after production, ensuring a contamination free product. Previous livestock experience is a plus, but not necessary. Applications remain active for 6 months from application date. Health insurance, paid time off, AFLAC, meals provided. Zoltenko Farms Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Call (785) 278-5405 or email email@example.com.
Date of Listing: July 22, 2014
Location: Ohiowa, NE
Mechanic / Shop
Repair and Maintain feed yard facilities and equipment including hydraulic chutes, feed mill, shop, feed trucks, loaders, dump trucks…
Experience in welding,
electrical, hydraulic, water
systems, and mechanics.
Apply at 402-295-2216
Mid-America Feed Yard in Ohiowa is currently looking to hire a full-time feed truck driver. Delivering feed, processing feed, maintain equipment, cleaning of bunks with some scooping. Mechanical, adding & subtracting abilities. 5 days a week with rotating weekends. Rotate holidays: 3 on 3 off. 6:00 am to 5:00 pm. Competitive hourly wage with benefits: Health and dental, life insurance, vacation and sick time, 401K, AFLAC. Drug and background tests required. Email resumes or applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-295-2216. See website for a downloadable application: www.midamerica-feedyard.com
Date of Listing: July, 2014
Location: Dickens, NE
Help wanted- Home base Dickens, NE.
We put up steel buildings, high grade fencing, and work on damaged pivot systems. Mechanical skills, construction, and welding experience helpful, but the right person will be given an opportunity to learn.
Call – Rick Kerchal (308)530-1706
Date of Listing: June, 2014
Location: North Platte, NE
Incorpe Water Project
Looking for a college student for General Farm Labor in North Platte, NE. Duties include but not limited to: operating a tractor, mowing, building fence, etc….. 40 hours or more of work during the summer but would be flexible with scheduling during the school year.
Please Contact Ken Anderson #308-650-0654 (cell) OR 308-537-6752 (office) to inquire more about the position. Pay will be negotiable.
Date of Listing: June, 2014
Location: North Platte, NE Area
The Sales Agronomist is a specialist in the sales of crop inputs products and services that include, crop nutrition products, crop protection products, seed, seed traits and seed treatments, NextField™ System precision ag services and other related services. You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with identified customers, and working face to face with grain producers on the farm. You will learn how to help farmers prosper and maximize their return by utilizing our company's full range of crop inputs products, services, and resources. Through your relationship with the producer and our expertise, you will help to solve customer problems and create new opportunities.
This position will be based out of a home office and support a territory surrounding North Platte, NE.Principal Accountabilities:
• 15% - Fully understand and actively participate in the planning and execution of the Farm Service Group strategy, business plans, sales and marketing efforts - in particular, the process of defining and developing relationships with targeted customers and prospects.
• 40% - In partnership with Farm Marketers, the Sales Manager and other customer solution specialists, you will maintain contact with customers to understand their needs so that you can position our crop inputs products and services in an effort to help them grow a better more profitable crop.
• 10% - Learn about producers cropping needs through detailed needs assessments, time on the farm evaluating producer's crops, and evaluation of yield and soil data.
• 15% - Constantly work to enhance sales skill, exhibit a strong customer-service focus and work to advance the technical understanding of crop inputs products and their benefits to the producer customer.
• 10% - Keep and use detailed records on the targeted customers to enhance the understanding of customers' problems and needs.
• 10% - Communicate producer trends, marketing plans, crop conditions, wants / needs / concerns to the appropriate people within the Farm Service Group and product lines
Required:• 1 or more years of sales experience within an agricultural environment
• Strong customer-service focus with the ability to develop long term relationships with growers based on technical knowledge and trust
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Ability to influence decision-making
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• 4 year degree within an Agriculture field preferred
• Strong Agronomy and Precision Agronomy knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
For additional information, please contact me direct at email@example.com or 978-225-6200.
Date of Listing: June, 2014
Location: Stuart, NE
Commercial feedyard with current capacity of 15,000 with possible expansion to 45,000.
Good environment and team attitude.
Looking for qualified personnel for cattle health, feeding and yard maintenance positions.
Pay based on qualifications.
Cottonwood Feeders LLC
Cody H. Wilson, MGR
Phone – 402-340-1600