Veterinary Technology Comparative Medicine Option
- Students will earn an Associate of Applied Science in Veterinary Technology.
- Through a unique partnership, NCTA’s Comparative Medicine Option will be housed in Omaha on the UNMC campus.
- This program will utilize some state of the art equipment and teaching facilities.
- This two year program can be applied to UNL’s Bachelors Degree in Agricultural Science with a major in Veterinary Technology
- Graduates will find many opportunities in a nation wide job market (traditional private practice and university/industry).
Apply for Admission
What type of student am I?
Freshman- A high school graduate attending college for the first time after high school graduation.
Transfer - A student who has previously attended another college/university after high school graduation
Re-Admit - A returning NCTA student who has taken coursework at NCTA at one time and is now returning to resume education at NCTA
Vet Tech Salaries
The median annual wage of Vet Techs in 2010 was $29,700.
The 2012 reported average salary for Vet Techs working in the field of Comparative Medicine was $44,739.
Prices subject to change pending Board of Regents action
Nebraska Resident: $216 per credit hour
Non-Resident: $641 per credit hour (tuition remission may be available for qualified out-of-state students)
Students in NCTA’s Veterinary Technician Program on the UNMC campus will pay UNMC student fees and will have access to UNMC student services, including:
- McGoogan Library of Medicine
- Student Health
- Student Housing (dormitory options are available through UNO and Clarkson College)
- Rec Center
- Student discounts to many other local services.
Students will be required to adhere to the University of Nebraska Medical Center Code of Conduct.