Laboratory Animal Care Certificate
Hands on LearningGain the animal handling and hands on skills that veterinary technicians use everyday while performing their job duties. With access to our wide array of on campus animals, you will gain the skills necessary to become successful in your chosen career area.
Dr. Walter Long Veterinary Technology Teaching ClinicPractice your hands on skills at our on campus Veterinary Teaching Clinic. Here you will learn how a vet clinic operates and get to help local community members care for their animals and provide surgery, immunizations and animal health education.
Laboratory Animal Care Certificate CERT - Certificate
This curriculum helps prepare you to become a certified laboratory animal technician, caring for animals and supporting professionals at institutions looking to solve a multitude of medical problems, like cancer and diabetes, that affect millions of people and animals all over the world. These certificates can be completed in one year or less and can have you working in your chosen career area very quickly.
- Lab Animal Care Technician
- Lab Animal Care Manager
- Animal Care Worker
- and Many More!
Lab Animal Care Certificate (Total of 20 credit hours)
- VTS 1301 Medical Terminology (1 credit)
- VTS 1262 Lab Animal Internship (2 credits)
- VTS 2563 Fur and Feather (3 credits)
- VTS 1603 Intro to Laboratory Science(3 credits)
- VTS 1313 Math for Vet Techs (3 credits)
- VTS 1113 Lab Animal Medicine I (3 credits)
- VTS 1122 Lab Animal Medicine II (2 credits)
- VTS 1133 Lab Animal Management (3 credits)
- Safari Club
- Stock Dog Club