Cattle Logistics Assistant (Horse Position)
Position Title: Cattle Logistics Assistant (Horse Position)
Position Type: Full-time
Organization Name: Adams Land and Cattle
Location (City, State): Broken Bow, NE
This person is responsible for:
- Coordinating animal locations and movements with other departments.
- Assisting with the unloading and movement of incoming cattle.
- Evaluating and scoring cattle, and the evaluation of cattle handling facilities for cattle safety.
- Assisting with the flow of cattle to and from the processing/sorting facility.
- Working closely with our processing team while coordinating cattle flow.
- Utilizing a tub to move cattle throughout the cattle handling facilities.
- Rotating the on call responsibilities for unloading incoming cattle on the weekends.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
Ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Cattle movement knowledge and experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced horsemanship skills.
- Knowledge of sick or injured cattle.
- Feedlot experience preferred.
- Beef Quality Assurance experience.
- Commitment to safety and quality culture.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication.
This position requires:
- Individual must provide three (3) head of horses.
- Individual must be able to work in adverse weather conditions if needed.
- Exerting 50-100 pounds of force frequently; 10-50 pounds of force continuously. Standing, lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling, twisting, and reaching/handling/grasping continuously; sitting, walking, bending, and stairs frequently; carrying and climbing occasionally; crawling and kneeling/crouching rarely.
Salary & Benefits: Wage: Open + $425.00/month Horse Pay
Contact Information/Instructions How to Apply: Upload your resume and/or submit an application at www.adamslandandcattle.com/careers.