High School Dual-Credit Enrollment
The Dual Credit High School Enrollment Program is for juniors and seniors in high school. It allows them to earn high school and college course credits concurrently. The college credits are offered at a reduced rate and in many cases credits will transfer to other institutions.
Classes are prepared by NCTA faculty for online delivery using the Blackboard course management system. This virtual classroom provides flexibility to teach and learn at a time of day best suited to the student and the school. The online courses contain lectures with audio voice-overs, laboratory assignments, homework assignments, online quizzes and tests.
A few distance learning math and horticulture courses are taught in "real time" through various methods of delivery.
Course Subjects, Cost
The courses are specifically for students interested in agribusiness management systems, animal science and Ag education, agronomy and horticulture, general education, and veterinary technology.
- Cost of tuition currently for in-state and out-of-state residents is $43.75 per credit hour for high school students.*
- Students should have a 3.0 GPA; if an interested student doesn't meet this requirement he or she will need a counselor's approval to take a dual credit course.
*Many of these courses are also offered to current students who are not enrolled in high school. Fees are based on the regular per credit hour tuition rate for non-high school participants.For more information about the courses offered please call the NCTA Admissions Office.
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE
- Reduced course costs ($43.75 per credit hour)
- Earn college credit while still in high school
- Credit transfers to other colleges - jump-start your degree
- Pre-prepared curriculum lab assignments and exams provided by NCTA
- Faculty lectures provided with voice-over flexibility in teaching courses
- Courses offered online through Blackboard course management system
APPLY TODAY(Student and instructor application forms)
- High School Student Application (for Dual Credit and Distance Learning Classes)
- Application for Instructors (for teaching Dual Credit and Distance Learning Classes)
ACE scholarship application
The Access College Early Scholarship is available to high school students who wish to enroll in dual enrollment courses. Please follow this link for more information: