Position Title: Operations Floater
Position Type: Full-time
Organization Name: Adams Land and Cattle
Location (City, State): Broken Bow, NE
Looking for a team player to serve in the position of Floater at both South and East Feedlots in Broken Bow, NE. This individual would work in a variety of areas as need arises. This a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual who enjoys variety in their schedule, while also gaining a better understanding of the feedlot operations as a whole.
This person is responsible for:
- Assisting in all facets of cattle operations, including Cattle Health, Cattle Distribution, East Lot, Feeding, and Processing.
- Administering implants, tags, vaccines, topicals, and antibiotics according to protocols and procedures.
- Operating equipment properly and safely while delivering precise rations accurately and efficiently.
- Understanding anatomy and diagnosis of cattle in order to administer treatments and therapy to identified cattle.
- Assisting with the verification and movement of cattle within the feedlot.
- Providing general maintenance to feedlot facilities and structures, including but not limited to cleaning facilities, ensuring water tanks are properly functioning, and operating heavy equipment.
- Following AQA and safety guidelines when in cattle handling areas and facilities.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
Ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Previous cattle handling knowledge and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to multiple teams, supervisors/managers, environments, and job-related tasks.
- Basic mechanical skills and heavy equipment experience are preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use analytical skills for problem solving and taking initiative.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Commitment to safety and quality culture.
This position requires:
- Individual must be able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to work fluctuating hours, weekends, and holidays, in addition to being on an on-call weekend rotation.
- Exerting 50-100 pounds of force occasionally; 25-50 pounds of force frequently; 10-20 pounds of force constantly. Standing and sitting frequently; occasionally walking, carrying, lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling, bending, twisting, climbing, stairs, reaching/handling/grasping, and kneeling/crouching.
Contact Information/Instructions How to Apply: Upload your resume and/or submit an application at www.adamslandandcattle.com/careers.