Veterinary Technology On-line Courses
- Acquire the skills you need to succeed without leaving your job or moving to a new town
- From the basics of medical terminology to reviewing for a national licensing test, you can increase your skills, provide a higher level of care for your patients, and increase profitability for the clinic.
- Work with animals! Your abilities can keep animals healthy, nurse them when ill, and even save their lives. You can train quickly and conveniently.
- The Radiation Safety Short course meets Nebraska's Radiation Safety Requirement so that you can assist with taking x-rays in the clinic.
- The full program is not available online-only selected courses.
- For classes that include clinical skills you must be employed at a veterinary clinic and have a licensed veterinary technician or veterinarian willing to mentor your applied skills and tasks.
- Supply list for Anatomy-Physiology Course (pdf 14k)
To register for the on-line courses, please click on and follow the application link below:
The Veterinary Technology Program at NCTA has been AVMA accredited since 1973. Our on-line classes are perfect for the person working in a veterinary clinic who would like to get started on a degree path as a Veterinary Assistant or Veterinary Technician. These classes allow students to hone their vet tech skills while preparing them for the national licensing exam.
Skill sets are accomplished in the clinic with a veterinarian or technician mentor, and the academic portion of the class is provided through the UNL Blackboard system.
Material List needed for Anatomy-Physiology Course (pdf 14k)
(The Radiation Safety Class Meets Nebraska's Radiation Safety Requirement)