Now Hiring: Agronomy Interns
Locations: Aurora, Bladen, Blue Hill, Bruning, Cedar Bluffs, Elwood, Fremont, Hebron, Juniata, Maywood, Red Cloud, and Shickley
To apply please contact Steve Tietjen at email@example.com
This internship is designed to develop agronomic skills and become versed in crop scouting techniques. Candidate will perform crop-scouting duties and learn the basics procedures about providing crop input recommendations. Interns will also be expected to complete all other duties as assigned by the
supervisor while displaying Norder Supply’s core values and to support our purpose of assisting our
customers in achieving maximum net return per acre.
- Perform stand counts and document field observations.
- Perform weed, disease and insect identification.
- Perform irrigation scheduling and recommendations.
- Perform soil and plant tissue sampling.
- Operate forklifts, scales, pumps, and all other equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Load/unload deliveries/shipments.
- Assemble and install seed plot and field signs.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining warehouse, grounds, and equipment.
- Critical Knowledge
- General agronomic knowledge through school course work or prior scouting experience.
- Knowledge of general farm production practices.
- Ability to adapt to different work environments.
- Ability to demonstrate a team player attitude.
- Ability to work long hours during peak periods.
- Demonstrate basic math skills.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- The capacity to work independently.
- Candidates pursuing a four-year or two-year agricultural major.
- Candidates must have a good driving record