Community Advisory Minutes Tuesday, July 14, 2015
AttendeesDon Adams (absent), Tom Brown (absent), Alan Garey (absent), Stephen Herman, Grant Jorgensen (absent), Mike Kelly (absent), Gilbert Larson, Ted Lashley, Kurt McKeone, Tyre Nelson(absent), Marily Pilcher, Stan Pilcher (absent), Barb Scharf (absent), Doug Schultz (absent), Bob Willis (absent), Ron Rosati, Scott Mickelsen (absent), Jennifer McConville (absent), Catherine Hauptman (recorder), Tee Busch (guest)
The NCTA Community Advisory meeting was called to order at 12:00 P.M. with the above referenced individuals in attendance.
- Ron Rosati welcomed everyone to the meeting.
APPROVE THE COMMUNITY ADVISORY MINUTES FROM THE 3/10/2015 MEETING
- Minutes approved as written
NCTA YEAR IN REVIEW
- Ron went over his Power Point of the “Year in Review at NCTA”. Updates on new staff and faculty, new programs, and fundraising needs were discussed. Each community member received a copy of this Power Point.
- Gilbert Larsen asked Ron to present the “NCTA Year in Review” Power Point to the Curtis Rotary in the future. Catherine will follow up with Gilbert and get a date scheduled. .
- Tee Bush was a guest at the community advisory meeting to speak about the NCTA Farmer’s Market
- The Farmer’s Market begins September 5th and will be from 9am to 12pm at the City Park in Curtis and will end October 10th.
- Gilbert Larsen suggested that Tee come to the Chamber meeting to discuss the Farmer’s Market and how to help it to grow in the community. Tee and Gilbert will discuss a date after the meeting.
ORIENTATION WEEKEND, August 22-23
- Catherine will send the draft agenda to community advisory to have them distribute to their staff and other community members.
- The parking lot in front of the Ed Center is now completely paved and will be painted soon. The road in front of the LTC is currently being paved and will be completed before the start of fall classes.
UPDATE ON ALUMNI WEEKEND
- Catherine gave an update on UNSA-UNSTA-NCTA Alumni weekend in York.
- 2016 alumni weekend is set for June 11, 2016
- 2015-2016 Alumni Officers are:
- President, Kim Mortensen
- President elect, Dave Mahaffey
- Secretary, Catherine Hauptman
- Treasurer, Taylor Rossenbach
- Awards from the 2015 Alumni banquet:
- Alumni Achievement, Dave and Ann Bruntz
- Alumni Legacy, Jerry Sundquist
- Alumni Honorary life member, Dr. Martin Massengale
AC IN STUDENT ACTIVITIES CENTER
- Ron informed the committee about the need for air conditioning and energy efficiency improvements in the student activities center on campus.
- Donations for the project can be made to the University of Nebraska Foundation. We need to raise $180,000 to install air conditioning and energy upgrades.
- Please contact Catherine for any questions regarding this.
NCTA HIGHWAY SIGN SUPPORT
- The Curtis sign on the corner of Highway 23 and 83 needs donations to help maintain it.
- Donors last year included; John/Barb Scharf, First Central Bank, Valley View Inn, Western State Bank, Consolidated Companies and the City of Curtis.
- If NCTA had 6 businesses/individuals to donate $220 each, funding would be complete.
- Please make checks payable to NCTA Sign Fund and submit to Catherine in the Dean’s office.
RFC OCTOBER 21 AND 22, 2015 – CURTIS
- A reminder that Curtis is one of the host sites for the Rural Futures Conference in October, 2015. We encourage all of you to attend.
- None at this time
The meeting adjourned at 1:00 PM. The next meeting will be Tuesday September 8, 2015 in the Ed Center, Room 129 at 12 p.m.