HorticultureLearn the hands on skills that employers are seeking with access to our commercial scale greenhouses, high tunnel and state of the art labs and equipment.
Success Starts HereBe career ready with a degree in Horticulture from NCTA. This degree option is also transferable to any four year institution of your choice.
Horticulture AS - Agricultural Production Systems
Students will demonstrate a basic knowledge in the areas of biology, chemistry, mathematics, and oral/written communication along with a basic understanding of agriculture consistent with standards set for baccalaureate degrees. Students in this program will have access to a commercial scale greenhouse, high tunnel and Nebraska State Arboretum. You will also have the option to transfer to a four year insitution to complete your bachelor's degree.
- Landscape Design Specialist
- Greenhouse Manager
- Landscape Company Owner
- Landscape Company Manager
- Greenhouse Assistant
- Nursery Manager
- and many more!
Horticulture Specialization (Choose 24 credits)
- ABM 2903: Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- ACT 1103 Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACT 1203 Accounting II (3 credits)
- AGR 1203 Principles of Soils (3 credits)
- AGR 1201 Soils Lab (1 credit)
- AGR 2304 Soil Fertility (4 credits)
- ECN 1203 Microeconomics (3 credits)
- ECN 1303 Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- HSL 1073 Landscape Plants I (3 credits)
- HSL 1103 Plant Propagation (3 credits)
- HSL 1173 Landscape Plants II (3 credits)
- HSL 2283 Landscape Management (3 credits)
Advisor Guided Electives (14 credits)
Associate of Science Core (26 credits)
- Horticulture Club
- Crops Judging Team
- Collegiate 4-h/FFA