Animal Health Care Certificate
Hands on LearningGain the animal handling and hands on skills that veterinary technicians use everyday while performing their job duties. With access to our wide array of on campus animals, you will gain the skills necessary to become successful in your chosen career area.
Dr. Walter Long Veterinary Technology Teaching ClinicPractice your hands on skills at our on campus Veterinary Teaching Clinic. Here you will learn how a vet clinic operates and get to help local community members care for their animals and provide surgery, immunizations and animal health education.
Animal Health Care Certificate CERT - Certificate
- Animal Care Worker
- Animal Care Assistant
- Animal Care Manager
- and Many More!
Animal Care Certificate (Select 12 hours from the following)
- VTS 1513 Animal Care or VTE 1512 Animal Care (2-3 credits)
- VTS 1403 Anatomy and Physiology (3 credits)
- VTS 1404 Anatomy and Physiology (4 credits)
- VTS 1603 Intro to Laboratory Science (3 credits)
- VTS 1301 Medical Terminology (1 credit)
- VTS 1542 Facility Management I (1 credit)
- VTS 1313 Math for Vet Techs (3 credits)
- ASI Intro to Animal Science (1 credit)
- ASI 1501 Equine Safety (1 credit)
- ASI 1161 Intro to Horsemanship (1 credit)
- VTE 1021 Canine Grooming (1 credit)
- VTE 2101 Dog Obedience (1 credit)
- VTE 2322 Intro to te Vet Office (2 credits)
- Safari Club
- Stock Dog Club
Michelle Connelly Veterinary Technology Major
"Helping animals has been my dream since I was 5 years old. Working kennels at a veterinary hospital, I heard the vet techs talking about how they went to NCTA for their training and I thought, this is the place for me. I love the hands-on training and the one-on-one we get with the professors, but mostly I like that I’m working towards a career I know I will enjoy, because it is one with animals."