SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC
Title: SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC
Engel’s Sales and Service
209 W. Lincoln St.
Norton, KS 67654
Phone: 785-877-3391 ask for Greg or Chad
To apply simply mail/email resumes to the address provided above or call and ask for Greg/Chad at 785-877-3391
Repairs and maintains small engine equipment, both gas and diesel. Includes: Grasshopper, Toro, Husqvarna, Stihl, Briggs and Stratton, Kohler, Tecumseh, Lawn-boy, and Honda equipment. Various other brands will be required. Maintains equipment inventory and equipment maintenance records.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of small engines, both gas and diesel, including hydraulic equipment
- Responsible for sharpening all types of mowers and chainsaw chains
- Performs preventative maintenance work, such as checking oil and fluid levels on all equipment
- Keeps vehicle records
- Customer service
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment with accuracy and speed, ability to create effective working relationships with employees; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
Education and Experience
- Graduation from a standard high school and one (1) year work experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of small equipment, both diesel and gasoline type engines and hydraulic equipment. Minimum one (1) year of vocational engine mechanics preferred.
- Must possess a valid Kansas Driver's License
- Must be willing to obtain Stihl and Kohler engine licensing
- Must be willing to work every other Saturday for four hours and some holidays
- Working knowledge of safety practices and procedures while making mechanical repairs; knowledge of various lawn care equipment;
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Ability to grow within business