Gain industry experienceTalk with industry professionals and learn what it really takes to be successful in the ag industry. As a student at NCTA you will have access to employers of industry leading ag companies.
Agribusiness ManagementLooking for a career that combines leadership, business and agriculture?
Agribusiness Managment (Transfer Option) AS - Agribusiness Managment Systems
The Agribusiness Management Systems major supports the college mission by striving to develop students into competent citizens through general education and promoting involvement, innovation,and individuality in the agribusiness industry. Agribusiness Management graduates are pursuing careers in agriculture finance and at farm cooperatives; as office managers in various agricultural companies and are partners or owners of production agriculture businesses and as small main street business owners. Click to see suggested two-year sequence of classes.
Transfer to the University of Nebraska- Kearney *New- Fall, 2023!
Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture and the University of Nebraska at Kearney are partnering to offer 2+2 Program Pathways! Start by earning one of the following associate degrees from NCTA then seamlessly transition to UNK and earn your Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.
- Agricultural Business Manager
- Farm Loan Officer
- Purchasing Agent
- Grain Merchandiser
- Agricultural Marketing Specialist
- Government Inspector
- Farm Equipment Sales/Service Rep
- Commodity Broker
- Farm Management Consultant
Agribusiness Management Systems Required Courses (27 credit hours)
- ABM 1803 Business Statistics (3 credits)
- ABM 2403 Ag Finance (3 credits)
- ABM 2903 Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- ACT 1103 Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACT 1203 Accounting II (3 credits)
- ECN 1203 Microeconomics (3 credits)
- ECN 1303 Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- MGT 2503 Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- MKT 2203 Ag. Marketing (3 credits)
Select 12 credit hours from the following or by Advisor Approval
- ABM 2004 Internship (4 credits)
- ABM 2854 Farm and Ranch Management (4 credits)
- AGR 1103 Crop Science (3 credits)
- AGR 2404 Crop Managment (4 credits)
- ASI 1303 Animal Managment (3 credits)
- ASI 2303 Range Management (3 credits)
- ASI 2513 Meat Science (3 credits)
- MKT 2103 Retail Marketing (3 credits)
Associate of Science Core (25-26 credits)
- Total Credit Hours for Degree (64-65 credits)
- Business Club
- Farm Bureau Club
- Collegiate 4-h/FFA