A to B Academic Transfer Programs with CASNR and NCTA7 degree options that allow NCTA students to transfer to CASNR as a junior. A to B Academic Transfer Programs with CASNR and NCTA
Career ReadinessNCTA gives students the industry experience that employers want. As a student you will have access to industry professionals, professors and mentors within the livestock industry.
Animal ScienceLearn the skills that employers want! Here at NCTA hands on learning is our mission. Students will enjoy a learning environment where 70% of classroom time is spent outside working and learning hands on skills.
Animal Science AS - Agricultural Production Systems
Students will demonstrate a basic knowledge in the areas of biology, chemistry, mathematics, and oral/written communication along with a basic understanding of agriculture consistent with standards set for baccalaureate degrees. Our facilities include hydraulic chute system and Artificial Insemination stalls, climate controlled indoor arena, on campus feedlot, campus owned cow-calf herd, and over 15,000 combined acres of crop and range land at NCTA and UNL West Central Research and Extension Center.
- Animal Nutrition Specialist
- Extension Educator
- Farm Building Salesman
- Feed Sales/Consultant
- Food Processing Manager
- Food Product Development/Researcher
- Laboratory Animal Technician/Manager
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Research Farm Manager
- USDA Meat Inspection/Grading Services
- Animal Sales
- and Many More!
Associate of Science Core (26-28 credit hours)
Animal Science Specialization Focus (Select 24 credit hours)
- ABM 2403 Finance (3 credits)
- ACT 1103 Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACT 1203 Accounting II (3 credits)
- ASI 1011 Introduction to Animal Science (1 credit)
- ASI 1024 Fundamental of Animal Biology (4 credits)
- ASI 1213 Livestock & Carcass Evaluation (3 credits)
- ASI 1253 Nutrition (3 credits)
- ASI 1303 Animal Management (3 credits)
- ASI 2203 Feeds & Feeding (3 credits)
- ASI 2384 Large Animal Diseases & Pharmacology (4 credits)
- ASI 2452 Seedstock Preparation & Marketing (2 credits)
- ASI 2513 Meat Science (3 credits)
- ASI 2604 Livestock Anatomy & Physiology (3 credits)
- ASI 2773 Advanced Reproductive Physiology (3 credits)
- ECN 1303 Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- MGT 2103 Management Concepts (3 credits)
- MGT 2503 Human Resource Management (3 credits)
- PHL 1103 Critical Thinking (3 credits)
Advisor Guided Electives (11 credit hours)
- Total Credi Hours for Degree (64 credit hours)
Associated Clubs and Teams
- Rodeo Team
- Ranch Horse Team
- Livestock Judging Team
- Collegiate 4-h/FFA
- Women in AG
- Collegiate Cattlemen
Lexus Kelsch Animal Science
The main draw to NCTA was the small campus and a hands on animal science program. I was excited to receive a scholarship to NCTA to be on the collegiate rodeo team. Rodeo is passion and I love being a part of the team here at NCTA.
My favorite part about NCTA is the nice people and how friendly everyone is!