Hands on Industry Proven Skills
Learn the skills that employers want! Here at NCTA hands on learning is our mission. Students will enjoy a learning environment where 70% of classroom time is spent outside working and learning hands on skills.
Career ReadinessNCTA gives students the industry experience that employers want. As a student you will have access to industry professionals, professors and mentors within the livestock industry.
Beef Production Certificate CERT - Certificate
With a certificate in Beef Production, you can be working in your chosen career in one year or less! We offer hands on learning at an affordable price. Our facilities include an on campus feedlot, 15,000 acres of crop and range land, indoor climate controlled arena, state of the art labs and classrooms, and hydraulic chute system for safe and effective cattle handling.
- Animal Welfare Specialist
- Animal Sales Specialist
- Farm Building Salesman
- Feed Sales/Consultant
- Research Lab Technician
- Farm Animal Equipment Sales
- Animal Care Specialist
- and Many More!
General Education Core Courses (6 credits)
Required Courses (12 credits)
- ASI 1011 Introduction to Animal Science (1 credit)
- ASI 1213 Livestock & Carcass Evaluation (3 credits)
- ASI 1253 Nutrition (3 credits)
- ASI 1303 Animal Management (3 credits)
- ASI 2203 Feeds & Feeding (3 credits)
- ASI 2303 Range Management (3 credits)
- ASI 2353 Livestock Breeding (3 credits)
- ASI 2384 Livestock Diseases & Pharmacology (4 credits)
Advisor Guided Electives (11 credit hours)
- Total Credi Hours for Certificate (30 credit hours)
- Rodeo Team
- Ranch Horse Team
- Livestock Judging Team
- Collegiate 4-h/FFA
- Collegiate Cattlemen
- Women in AG