Welcome to the Canvas Learning System
Navigating the System: Next Steps
What you need:
- Your NUID, this was created when you applied for admissions
- Your Password that was created when you started your admissions application
How to Claim Your NCTA ID
The My.UNL ID username and password will give you access to services that UNL provides to NCTA students, faculty, and staff. You will need this ID to access your Canvas and MyNCTA accounts.
Go to → TrueYou
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- You will need to enter your full legal name, your NUID and your birthday.
- You will be prompted to answer several security questions, please respond with answers that you can easily recall.
- Your ID will be displayed in red on the final screen.
Your MyNCTA account allows you to:
- Enroll in courses (not valid for dual credit or concurrent enrollment students)
- Check your grades
- View, accept or decline financial aid
- Pay your bill
- View your To Do’s, Messages and other communications
Canvas is a new learning management system that we are excited to launch at NCTA. It is similar to Blackboard, yet there are some differences. Below are a list of tips and links to help you get the semester off to a smooth start.
- Be sure to bookmark the login URL for Canvas: my.unl.edu
- Students may self-enroll in our student training course (Canvas login using your My.UNL credentials required)
- Use the help button to get Canvas Help - the live chat system works great!
- Be sure to install the Mobile App: Apple or Android
- Be sure to set up your profile
- Be sure to set your notification settings
- Remember to click the courses icon to set what courses show on the dashboard
Canvas Additional Resources: Videos, Student Guides, & Tips https://canvas.unl.edu/courses/1/pages/additional-resources
Canvas Student Getting Started Guide: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4121
How do I sign up for a Canvas account as a student? https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1974
Will Canvas work on my mobile device? https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1542
If you are in need of additional assistance please contact the help desk at: 1-866-472-3970