Dean's Council Minutes Thursday, December 10, 2015
AttendeesRon Rosati, Scott Mickelsen, (absent) Glenn Jackson, Eric Reed, Brad Ramsdale, Dottie Evans,Doug Smith, Barb Berg, Jennifer McConville, Mary Rittenhouse, Catherine Hauptman (recorder) The NCTA Dean’s Council Meeting was called to order at 12:00 p.m. with the above referenced individuals in attendance.
Dr. Rosati welcomed everyone to the meeting.
APPROVE MEETING MINUTES FROM 11.5.2015
- Dr. Rosati wanted the agenda title changed to “Pay for Course Facilitators” instead of “Pay for Teaching Assistants”. Eric Reed moved to amend the minutes, Jennifer McConville 2 nd, motion carried.
- Rosati discussed faculty evaluations. Jennifer McConville stated that Jan Gilbert should have put position descriptions in each of the supervisor’s mailboxes. If any changes need to be made the supervisor can make those in ink and return to Jan.
- The staff evaluation process is still being reviewed and edited per Rosati’s request. Staff evaluations will be put on next week’s agenda.
- The Dean’s Council discussed the program offerings at NCTA with Dr. Rosati.
- Options do not need to be approved by the Coordinating Commission of Postsecondary Education (CCPE) but certificates do need to be approved by CCPE.
- This item will be on next week’s Dean’s Council agenda.
- Eric Reed gave each Dean’s Council member his proposal for facilitator’s pay and job duties for online classes at NCTA.
- Eric will send the proposal to Dr. Rosati for further review.
- This item will be on the next meeting agenda.
- Dottie Evans updated everyone on Accreditation.
- Higher Learning Commission talking points were discussed with the Council and will be further discussed at the December 16th Open Forum.
- This item will continue to be on the Dean’s Council agenda.
DEVELOP LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS TO POST MEETING MINUTES ON THE WEB
- Dottie Evans suggested that NCTA Open Forums and Academic Council minutes be added to the website.
- Jennifer McConville moved to add these minutes to the website, Mary Rittenhouse 2 nd , motion carried.
- Dottie will work with Tina to get the minutes posted. All minutes will be edited by Mary Crawford before posting on the web.
HOLLING FAMILY TEACHING EXCELLENCE AWARDS
- The Holling family teaching excellence award deadline is soon. Please encourage faculty to apply.
NCTA OPEN FORUM DECEMBER 16TH AGENDA
- The agenda for the December 16th open forum was discussed by Dr. Rosati.
DEAN’S COUNCIL RETREAT JANUARY 5 TH
- This retreat will be held 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on January 5 in the Ed Center, Room 129. Food service will be catering the meal.
NCTA CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Dr. Rosati reviewed the upcoming events on our calendar with Dean’s Council.
- No other business at this time
The meeting was adjourned at 12:55 p.m. The next meeting will be Thursday, December 17th at 12 p.m in the NCTA cafeteria.