Dean's Council Minutes Tuesday, May 3, 2016
AttendeesRon Rosati, Glenn Jackson, Eric Reed, Dottie Evans (absent), Jennifer McConville, Barb Berg, Doug Smith, Mary Rittenhouse, Brad Ramsdale, Catherine Hauptman (recorder)
The NCTA Dean’s Council meeting was called to order at 12:05 p.m. with the above referenced individuals in attendance.
- Dr. Ron Rosati welcomed Dean’s Council members to the meeting
APPROVE MINUTES FROM 4.28.2016
- Mary Rittenhouse approved the minutes as amended. Trevor Ginkins is treasurer of Student Senate, and under the Grievance policy language should be “report to vice president of IANR”. Doug 2nd, motion carried. Minutes were approved as amended.
GRADUATION WEEK AGENDA
- The graduation week agenda and script was reviewed
- Dr. Rosati discussed the HLC (Higher Learning Commission) report received on Friday.
- He sent the report to Dean’s Council via email on May 2, and encouraged members to read the report and feedback from the HLC.
- He and Dottie Evans will reply to the report within the next two weeks.
- Dr. Rosati congratulated all the faculty and staff for their daily work which resulted in such a positive report.
ASSESSMENT MEETING MAY 9TH
- Brad Ramsdale is having an assessment meeting at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, May 9 with Committee members.
- Dr. Ramsdale said Dr. Rosati will provide an introduction with committee members.
- Monday, May 9 the Dean’s Office will host an appreciation lunch for all faculty and staff at 12 p.m. at the Student Union.
- Faculty and staff awards will be presented by Judy Bowmaster-Cole and the Awards Committee.
SYMPOSIUM MAY 10TH
- Innovation in Pedagogy and Technology Symposium will be in Lincoln on Tuesday, May 10. Mary Rittenhouse, Bridger Chytka, Jeremy Sievers, Ron Rosati, Justin Baugher, and Tee Bush will travel to Lincoln on Monday afternoon.
- Catherine Hauptman has coordinated an NCTA van and the hotel reservations.
ONLINE TRAINING WORKSHOP MAY 11th
- Dr. Rosati encouraged faculty to register for the UNL Institute for Online Training Summer session.
- Catherine has worked with Beverly Russell of UNL for NCTA to complete face-to-face class times via Adobe Connect. On May 25, faculty in the class must travel to Lincoln for an in-person class. The May 25 session is for field experience and cannot be completed online. Travel arrangements are to be made through NCTA.
- NCTA faculty who finish the course will receive a $500 stipend. NCTA can register 7 individuals for this opportunity.
DEAN’S COUNCIL RETREAT
- The Dean’s Council Retreat will be Tuesday, June 7 from 9 am to 4 pm at Mid-Plains Community College in McCook.
- Agenda and retreat details will continue to be developed
- August 11 is the date selected for NCTA’s statewide advisory meeting.
- August 17 will be the NCTA faculty and staff in-service.
ORIENTATION WEEKEND AUGUST 20 & 21
- Orientation weekend for NCTA was noted. Tee Bush will bring information for Orientation Weekend to Dean’s Council in June.
- Dr. Rosati asked Dean’s Council to remind their faculty and staff to limit parking in visitor parking east of Ag Hall. Faculty and staff parking is available south of Ag Hall, and at many other locations on campus.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:05 p.m. The next meeting date Thursday, May 12
at 12 p.m. in the Ag Hall Conference Room.