Dean's Council Minutes Friday, April 3, 2015
AttendeesRon Rosati, Scott Mickelsen, Jan Gilbert, Eric Reed (absent), Brad Ramsdale, Doug Smith, Barb Berg, Jo Bek, Paul Clark, Catherine (Recorder), Dottie Evans, Jennifer McConville
The NCTA Dean’s Council Meeting was called to order at 12:00 p.m. with the above referenced individuals in attendance.
- Dr. Rosati welcomed everyone to the meeting
APPROVE MEETING MINUTES FROM 3/26/2015
- Minutes were approved by Dean’s Council as written
PRESIDENT HANK BOUNDS TOUR
- Each Dean’s council member was handed the agenda for President Hank Bounds’ tour
- No changes were suggested by the council
- Catherine will work with Mary to develop a script for the welcome.
- All final items for President Bounds’ visit will be brought to the next Dean’s council.
- Promotion Policy
- The raise for a promotion has been changed to 7% salary for an associate professor and 9% for a professor.
- This is how UNL handles promotion raises.
- Dr. Rosati is asking for permission to use additional money outside of the merit raise pool from UNL.
- Timeline for Promotion Policy
- April 6th, 2015, NCTA human resources office informs individuals eligible for promotion
- April 6th, 2015, the Dean will make an announcement of the availability of raises with promotion
- April 20th, 2015, candidate submits application
- April 22nd, 2015, division chair will review completed application(s)
- April 24th, 2015, deadline for candidate submission of additional information based on division chair review
- May 1st, 2015, college committee reviews completed applications
- May 3rd, 2015, deadline for candidate submission of additional information based on committee review
- May 9, 2015, dean’s review will be completed
- May 11, 2015, informant IANR of promotion decisions
- VP and Board of Regents will review
- Jo Bek moved to accept the policy as amended with dates added to the procedures timeline. Paul seconded the motion. The Dean’s council was all in favor of the promotion policy as amended.
- Faculty Qualifications Policy
- Paragraph 5 Dr. Rosati will add “hired with a bachelor’s but without a master’s.”
- Doug Smith moved to accept the amendment of the Faculty Qualifications policy. Jo Bek seconded the motions. Dean’s council members were all in favor of this.
- Faculty Load Policy
- Dr. Rosati proposed not to vote on this policy today. Scott and he need to talk about online and dual credit classes.
- No other business
The Dean’s council meeting was adjourned at 1:00PM. The next meeting will be on Friday April 10th at 12:00PM.