Dean's Council Minutes - June 29, 2015

Department COVID-19 Updates:
NCTA COVID-19 Response CARES ACT

Dean's Council Minutes Monday, June 29, 2015

Attendees

Ron Rosati, Scott Mickelsen(absent), Glenn Jackson(absent), Eric Reed, Brad Ramsdale(absent), Dottie Evans, Doug Smith, Barb Berg(absent), Jennifer McConville, Paul Clark, Mary Rittenhouse, Catherine Hauptman (Recorder)

 The NCTA Dean’s Council Meeting was called to order at 9:02 a.m. with the above referenced individuals in attendance.

 WELCOME

  • Dr. Rosati welcomed everyone to the meeting

 APPROVE MEETING MINUTES FROM 6/18/2015

  • Minutes approved as written

 FACULTY CREDENTIALS

  • Jennifer handed out the faculty qualifications spreadsheet she has been updating to each dean’s council member
  • The dean’s council reviewed the spreadsheet
  • Jennifer will add another column for approved classes they can teach, she will add Dan Stehlik, and make other changes that were discussed.
  • Jennifer will make the changes and we will add this to next dean’s council agenda.

 ACCREDITATION

  • Dottie gave the dean’s council an accreditation update. The criterion is coming along well.
  • This will be on our agenda for each dean’s council.

 IT BUDGET COMMITTEE DISCUSSION

  • Justin is working through the IT budget
  • The distance education technology will be increased. This technology needs to be put in place before the fall semester.
  • The USDA proposal has been put on hold.
  • 40 percent of our students are going to be dual credit students for this year’s enrollment.
    • Catherine will invite Justin to the next Dean’s council to further discuss.

 FACULTY ABSENCES & FINALS

  • Ron reviewed the policy for the classroom with the Dean’s council
  • All 16 week classes are to have Final Evaluation activities at the scheduled final exam time and the final exam week.
  • Lecture finals are to be given on the last lecture day of the last class on the 8th week.
  • Faculty absence
    • Must get chair authorization to miss a class
    • Field trips have an approval process, we will link to that in our Classroom policy
    • Policy for reporting sick leave?
    • Travel for school activities need to go through the travel process. If they are gone for doctor or sick leave they need to fill out a faculty absence form and of course fill out your sick time in ESS
    • Jennifer and the Ag Business department need to go through Randi Houghtelling now for travel since Linda Cole is the travel approver and cannot do travel authorizations.
    • Jennifer will work with Jan Gilbert to incorporate these modifications in the policy.

 JULY 6TH  HOLIDAY FOR 4 DAY WORK WEEK

  • A reminder that people working the 4 day work week this summer can take the 4th of July Holiday on Monday July 6th. You will need to take a 2 hour vacation time.

 3RD  FLOOR AG HALL STUDENT LOUNGE FOLLOW UP

  • Mary is proposing using that office on the 3rd floor for the center of economic education as a hosting facility. Need a place to store material, information pamphlets, work with HS teachers, meeting national and state standards, activities for students, etc…
  • This item will be brought back to our next Dean’s council. Room Utilization and Center of Economic Education

 KEY/FACILITY ACCESS POLICY

  • This policy has been approved through Dean’s council already we believe but Jennifer will check to see if this is true.
  • This item will be brought back to Dean’s council next week.

 RFI – OCTOBER

  • October 21 and 22 RFI will have us as a host site. Ron is encouraging students to come to the meetings. We will continue to discuss this conference at our Dean’s council meetings.

 NCTA CALENDAR OF EVENTS

  • Ron went over the NCTA calendar of events with everyone

 OTHER BUSINESS

  • No other business at this time

 The Dean’s Council adjourned at 10:21 AM. The next meetings will Wednesday July 15th  at 8am in the Ag Hall conference room.

Downloads