Dean's Council Minutes Friday, March 6, 2015
AttendeesRon Rosati, Scott Mickelsen, Jan Gilbert, Eric Reed, Brad Ramsdale, Doug Smith (absent), Barb Berg, Jo Bek, Paul Clark, Catherine (Recorder), Dottie Evans, Mary Crawford (guest)
The NCTA Dean’s Council Meeting was called to order at 12:00pm with the above referenced individuals in attendance.
- Dr. Rosati welcomed everyone to the meeting
APPROVE MEETING MINUTES FROM 2/20/2015
- Minutes were approved as amended by dean’s council.
FACULTY WORK LOAD DOCUMENT
- This is an incomplete working document.
- 15 equivalent credit hour is 1 FTE
- 1 credit of lab is one credit hour
- General rule is a faculty should not be teaching more than 5 courses.
- Dual credit will be removed from the column and independent studies
- Discussion was made on the excel spreadsheet and
- Qualifications policy
- Minimum qualifications
- Faculty work load policy
- Low enrolled, online and dual credit would be compensated if you are already teaching a full work load.
- Promotion and rank policy
- You can’t tell them every year they are doing an outstanding job and then don’t promote them.
- If you get a negative review you get 5 days to ask for reconsideration from
- Optional electronic document
- Invite people to look at the document from the outside
- This issue will be discussed further
- Program approval
STUDENT COMPLAINT POLICY
- We have a process to follow through on
- As soon as it gets submitted Scott sees it, and forwards to the direct area it is related to
- Scott will send out to all of dean’s council this afternoon.
- Student or staff can go in and file a complaint.
- If we receive a complaint please use this process so that it is recorded.
- The first sheet shows the allocation of the first $40,000
- The second portion of the $80,000 needs to be approved for the allocation by the Dean’s council.
- Budget committee made recommendations and we need approval from dean’s council and then onto executive staff.
- Ron approved it for us to move money between lines that you control
- It was moved to approve the recommendation of the last $40,000 that was made by the budget committee
- Motion was approved
- Request of Additional Operating Budget Forms
- Using the 14/15 actual as the baseline
- Paul brought up some good points about line items and recommends to identify the lines that we are obligated to and whatever is left over then we say what are operating budget is
- Ron admits to some uncertainty but he is prepared to allocate next year’s budget
- Don’t know what the appropriation’s is
- Uncertainty of positions on campus
- Everyone gets 100% of last year’s budget BUT 70% will be allocated and the last 30% they need to
- Ron asked the Dean’s council how they would like to allocate the operating budget
- We allocated more money this year then we discussed at the start of the year
- Cautiously optimistic
- Agreed that recruiting is a priority
- $400,000 now, which is 70% allocated now. The rest will be allocated in September. Based on the ratio of what was spending before. In the fall of the year we will come out and do another allocation for the remainder of the year.
- Dean’s council was in majority favor of this plan. No concerns were brought up at this time.
- Requests due by March 21st and Budget committee recommendations will be in by April 14th.
- Jo Bek brought up the cost of books for the students and look into having them
- Jan asked that everyone look at their temp staff and adjunct faculty requests.
OMTVEDT SERVANT LEADER AWARD NOMINEE
- If you have recommendations please send those forward
49TH ANNUAL TRIUMPH OF AG EXPOSITION FARM AND RANCH SHOW
- We have tickets if anyone is wanting to go
RON YODER / DAVID JACKSON ON CAMPUS
BARB SCHARF RETIRMENT MARCH 20TH
- 1 to 5pm in the ed center. 2:30pm presentation in the auditorium.
- Support staff positions are not filled and
- No additional comments
This meeting was adjourned at 1:05pm. Our next dean’s council meeting will be March 13th at 12:00pm and we will meet in room 129 in Ed Center auditorium.