Dean's Council Minutes Thursday, October 29, 2015
AttendeesRon Rosati, Scott Mickelsen (absent), Glenn Jackson, Eric Reed, Brad Ramsdale, Dottie Evans, Doug Smith, Barb Berg, Jennifer McConville, Mary Rittenhouse, Catherine Hauptman (recorder)
The NCTA Dean’s Council Meeting was called to order at 12:02 p.m. with the above referenced individuals in attendance.
- Dr. Rosati welcomed everyone to the meeting.
APPROVE MEETING MINUTES FROM 10/8/2015
- Berg moved to approve the minutes as amended (20K to 50K) and McConville 2nd, motion carried
ACADEMIC PROGRAM MIX
- Dr. Rosati reviewed the NCTA academic list with the Council.
- Each division was reviewed and some programs were removed from the list. The program certificates were added.
- Ron will send the updated list to each Dean’s Council member.
OPEN FORUM AGENDA
- Dr. Rosati reviewed the Open Forum agenda for all NCTA faculty and staff.
- The Open Forum is today from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Ed Center Auditorium
- Dr. Rosati discussed Faculty Salary Equity with the Council.
- Concerns were discussed and clarifications on faculty and staff salary processes reviewed. McConville said UNL works to ensure all staff salaries meet base pay according to job description and the staff equity analysis.
o McConville upgraded three NCTA staff in October.
- This topic will continue to be discussed and included at the Open Forum today.
- Dr. Rosati discussed faculty qualifications and outlined Higher Learning Commission requirements. Each Council member received the guidelines for determining qualified faculty through HLC Criteria for Accreditation and Assumed Practices.
- Dr. Rosati is asking HLC to weigh in on the issue of NCTA’s organizational structure.
- Catherine Hauptman reviewed the schedule of events with the Dean’s Council for the 50th anniversary celebration to be November 13, 2015.
NCTA CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Dr. Rosati reviewed the calendar of events.
- Tee Bush stopped by the meeting with a Teammates mentor from Lincoln to talk about the Post-secondary Teammates program. He discussed how a program would work if a chapter was organized at NCTA. The topic will be added to next week’s agenda.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:55 p.m. The next meeting will be November 5 at 12:00 p.m.