Nebraska Extension in Adams County
P.O. Box 30
Hastings, Ne 68902
Extension Programming Intern
Paid position, $10-$11 per hour, for 40 hours per week. Typically 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, from mid-May to mid-August.
Direct supervisor – Ronald C. Seymour, Ph.D.
The Extension Programming Internship is designed to provide the successful candidate an opportunity to learn and help implement Extension programs in Adams County, Nebraska.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of a semester’s worth of college level coursework preferred.
- Not limited to but prefer a career interest in Extension education programming.
- Knowledge in at least one of the following program areas: agriculture, horticulture, youth development or nutrition.
- Skills in: problem solving, customer relations, computer software including MS Word and Excel, proficiency in typing and writing, and effective communication.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with each Extension Education program represented in the Adams County Extension office in the areas of crop production, horticulture, 4-H youth development, learning child development, and nutrition.
- Work in each program area and execute the duties requested of the area’s program leader.
- Develop and execute an education project in one of the represented program areas with the assistance of Extension staff.
- Provide assistance to 4-H youth programs during the Adams County Fair.
- Assist with various Extension office projects.
- Other duties: as assigned by the Adams County Unit Leader
How to apply:
- Complete an application form obtained from Nebraska Extension in Adams County.
- Provide a resume that highlights the applicant’s educational achievements, past work experience, and volunteer experience.
- Provide a cover letter that highlights the applicant’s career interests, how participation in the Adams County Extension Program internship will help them in career development and how past experiences will be beneficial to the Adams County Extension program.
For more information contact Ronald C. Seymour: email@example.com or 402-461-7209.