Request your NCTA NCard

NCTA uses the NCard system for meals on campus.

The NCard application process will be completed by NCTA staff during New Student Enrollment Day and/or personal registration dates. 

The card will be sent to NCTA and the students will pick them up in the Welcome Center. 

Please bring a government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, passport, state or military ID to receive your NCard. 

If you have any questions regarding the photo submission process, please contact the NCTA Welcome Center at 308-367-5240. 


What is the NCard and what can it be used for?

The NCard is the University of Nebraska’s permanent campus card for students and/or employees. It is valid as long as the cardholder is registered and/or employed at the university.  On campus it is used for student meal plans, identification, authentication and access.  The NCard is non-transferable and is the property of the University of Nebraska.

How do I get my NCard?

NCards can be obtained by submitting a photo online, the card will be processed and sent to the NCTA Welcome Center for pick up. Students can pick up their NCard follwing notification from the NCTA Welcome Center.  A government issued photo id such as a driver's license, passport, state id or military id must be presented to receive the NCard.

What should I do if my NCard is lost or stolen?

The NCard should be protected from theft and misuse. Loss or theft of the NCard must be flagged immediately. To flag your card as lost or stolen go to: 

*You may be held responsible for misuse of the NCard until it is flagged as lost or stolen.

If I lost my current NCard, but found a previous one, can I activate the previous NCard?

No, once a new NCard has been created it becomes your current card and cancels all previous cards.

How do I remove a lost or stolen flag from my NCard?

To remove the lost or stolen flag go to: 

How do I get a replacement card?

Visit the NCTA Welcome Center for completion of the renewal application. The card will be processed and sent to NCTA for pick up in 4 – 7 business days. A government issued photo id such as a driver's license, passport, state id or military id must be presented to receive the NCard and the card replacement fee will be collected at the time of issuance.

Replace fees vary depending upon circumstances.  Please see NCard Replacement Fee Guideline

NCard Information

  • The NCard is nontransferable and is the property of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
  • It should be protected from abuse that could damage the proximity chip and antenna coil or scratch the magnetic strip.
  • It should not be punched or have stickers applied to it.

Proximity cards contain an antenna coil and integrated electronic chip therefore, care should be taken to guarantee the card's functionality.

Please Do:

  • Place in a wallet, purse or other protective holder.
  • Clean with a soft, non-scratching cloth.

Please Do Not:

  • Use the card for anything other than its intended purposed.
  • Punch holes in the card.
  • Leave it in direct sunlight, for example on the dash of a car.
  • Expose it to extreme heat or open flame, for example clothes washers, dryers or irons.
  • Expose it to organic solvents, thinners, mineral spirits, etc.
  • Use it as an ice scrapper or scraping tool.
  • Crimp, bend, or twist the card.
  • Immerse in alcohol, Isopropyl,ethanol, methyl etc.
  • Bite or chew on the edges of the card.
  • Pound with a pen or tool.

NCard Replacement

A replacement fee will be charged for lost, damaged, or stolen cards. The replacement fee is $20.00. A reduced replacement fee will be charged for stolen cards if accompanied by proof of theft, such as a police report or insurance claim form.

Once an NCard has been replaced due to loss or theft, it cannot be reactivated should it be found at a later date.

NCard Replacement Fee Guidelines

  • Lost Cards - $20.00
  • Stolen cards without proof of loss - $20.00
  • Preferred name change - $20.00
  • Stolen cards or cards destroyed in a catastrophic event (i.e. vehicular accident, fire, flood, tornado, etc.) with proof of loss such as police report or insurance claim form - $10.00
  • Valid damaged cards less than 4 years from issue date - $20.00
  • Valid damaged cards 4 years or greater from issue date - no fee
  • Valid non-functioning cards - no fee

Please allow 4 to 7 business days for replacement card.