NCTA salutes Class of 2018
May 1, 2018
NCTA Dean’s Column by Ron Rosati, Ph.D.
Congratulations to our Class of 2018 graduates at the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture!
What an exciting time for our NCTA Aggie students and our entire campus community. We are grateful to the parents and families, Aggie alumni, scholarship sponsors, mentors and the people of the Curtis area for their dedication to all Aggie students and these graduates.
Your generous personal interest, guidance and support, shared with our students and their classmates, has contributed greatly to our students’ success. Thank you to parents and scholarship sponsors for your encouragement, advice and financial support. To our local community members, thank you for boarding student horses, renting students a house, providing students with part-time work, welcoming them to our churches, feeding them many great meals, and generally making them welcome in our community. We are very appreciative of those who provide the support to keep our students learning and on the road to success.
Aggie graduates, you are fortunate to have an extended support system throughout the NCTA community. Our faculty and staff and families join in shared enthusiasm for your future.
This week as we host end-of-year activities and graduation events, your families feel pride, gratitude, appreciation and admiration. Thank you, graduates, for making their dreams come true through your hard work and dedication.
No matter the level of educational advancement – from middle school into high school, or high school on to college, and now college into a career – graduation is a milestone. Enjoy and appreciate all who have helped you meet your goals.
These are a few NCTA changes 2018 graduates have seen from 2016-2018:
- Expanded academic opportunities such as irrigation technology, precision agriculture, dairy and poultry programs, laboratory animal care, and on-line courses
- Campus Life initiatives
- Dedicated NCTA Fitness Center
- Enhanced Student Ambassadors initiative
- Expanded Resident Assistants program
- Culture and Fun – Open Mic Night, arts and crafts, dances
- One tuition rate, regardless of your state of residency
- A new pathway for international students and programs
- The installation of a new N-Card ID system
- Expanded Aggie Dining and Chandie’s Deli menus and hours
- Steady enrollment growth to 255 fulltime students this year. Thank you, Aggies!
Your academic success and career development opportunities are noted throughout Nebraska agriculture and the United States:
- Internships in veterinary technology, diversified agriculture, livestock management, equine management, agribusiness, agricultural mechanics were coast to coast
- Aggie academic divisions, travel teams and study groups have been to Utah, Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska and Costa Rica
- Overall Sweepstakes Reserve Champion for 2-year colleges in 2018 North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture contests
Your college has recently received national accolades due to the success of its graduates:
- NCTA is ranked #1 among U.S. two-year colleges for return to educational investment by WalletHub.com in comparing starting salary to cost of education. And, #17 when measuring cost and financing, education outcomes and career outcomes
- NCTA is #7 among U.S. two-year colleges for graduate career success, with 92 percent employed 10 years post-graduation. (Zippia.com)
- NCTA is #11 in career salaries for two-year colleges (averaging $49,800 10 years post-graduation) https://www.zippia.com/advice/junior-college-highest-earning
Congratulations to our Class of 2018!
We wish you the very best in your futures, and look forward to seeing you back at campus. Remember, the Aggie Alumni Association reunion is here on June 16th!
Our Rwandan visitors will arrive in Curtis next week for three weeks of residence life and agricultural studies. Area residents interested in being a part of this global exchange in culture and education can contact NCTA through Erika Arambula at 308.367.5247.
At NCTA in May
2 - Phi Theta Kappa Ceremony, 2 p.m., Ed Center
2 - NCTA Awards Night, 7 p.m., Ed Center
3 - NCTA Commencement, 1:30 p.m., Curtis Memorial Community Building
3 – NCTA Horticulture Plant Sale, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
12-June 1 - Rwandan Students Study at NCTA
23 – Standard of Excellence NCTA Livestock Judging Camp
24 – West Central Youth Animal Science Field Day
NCTA Mission: The Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture is devoted to a statewide mission of preparing students for successful careers in agriculture, veterinary technology, food and related industries. The college provides open access to innovative technical education resulting in associate degrees, certificates, diplomas and other credentials.Download a PDF of this press release