Industry ReadinessLearn what it takes to be successful in the industry today. Gain hands on experience in crop production, precision Ag technology and so much more!
550 Acre Campus FarmWith our very own campus farm, you will have the ability to gain the skills necessary for a successful career in the agronomy industry.
Agronomy AS - Agricultural Producation Systems (Transfer option)
The Associate of Science degree in Agriculture Production Systems – Agronomy includes curriculum for students to easily transition towards pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in agronomy at a 4-year university. Curriculum includes meeting the General Education expectations of a 4-year university while also integrating agronomy courses with an applied learning experiences important for the production of food, grain, and forage crops. Student’s that combine these hand’s-on learning experiences at NCTA with the more comprehensive curriculum in a BS degree will be very well prepared for the great diversity of careers available in the agronomy industry.
- Farmer or Farm Manager
- Seed Sales or Technical Service
- Crop Consultant/Scout
- Fertilizer/Chemical Sales or Technical Service
- Grain Elevator Manager
- Precision Agriculture Specialist
- Field Research Technician
- Crop Insurance Adjuster
- Soil Conservationist
Agronomy Specialization Core (Choose 24 credits)
- AEQ 2323 Precision Farming (3 credits)
- AGR 1091 Crop Practicum I (1 credit)
- AGR 1591 Crop Practicum II (1 credit)
- AGR 2091 Crop Practicum III (1 credit)
- AGR 1201 Soils Lab (1 credit)
- AGR 1203 Principles of Soils (3 credits)
- AGR 2304 Soil Fertility (4 credits)
- AGR 2383 Irrigation Management (3 credits)
- AGR 2403 Crop Management (3 credits)
- AGR 2353 Pest Management (3 credits)
- ASI 2303 Range Management (3 credits)
- ACT 1103 Accounting I (3 credits)
- ABM 2854 Farm and Ranch Management (4 credits)
- ECN 1203 Microeconomics (3 credits)
- ECN 1303 Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- MKT 2203 Ag Marketing (3 credits)
Advisor Guided Electives (14 credits)
Associate of Science Core (26 credits)
- Collegiate Farm Bureau
- Crops Judging Team
- Collegiate 4-H/FFA
- Ag Business Club
Nolan Breece AgronomyI chose NCTA to get a better understanding of the crop side of agriculture. Upon graduation, I plan to continue my education at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
NCTA was a great place to start my education. I enjoyed being close to home while getting to know lots of people in the community and taking advantage of the recreational activities in Curtis.