Industry ReadinessLearn what it takes to be successful in the industry today. Gain hands on experience in crop production, precision Ag technology and so much more!
550 Acre Campus FarmWith our very own campus farm, you will have the ability to gain the skills necessary for a successful career in the agronomy industry.
Agronomy AS - Agricultural Producation Systems (Transfer option)
The NCTA agronomy program will prepare you for the ever changing environment of crop production. Agronomists produce and improve food crops while sustaining soil and water resources essential for crop production. As an agronomy major you will have access to our 550 acre campus farm and state of the art irrigation pivot system and precision ag technology. Learn the hands on skills that
todays leading agronomy companies are seeking in employees.
- Crop Consultant
- Extension Specialist
- Seed Analyst
- Weed Scientist
- Field Production Specialist
- Forest Soil Scientist
- Crop Production Specialist
- Chemical Sales Representative
Agronomy Specialization Core (Choose 24 credits)
- AGR 1203 Principles of Soils (3 credits)
- AGR 1201 Soils Lab (1 credit)
- AGR 2304 Soil Fertility (4 credits)
- AGR 2403 Crop Management (3 credits)
- ASI 2303 Range Management (3 credits)
- ACT 1103 Accounting I (3 credits)
- ABM 2854 Farm and Ranch Management (4 credits)
- ECN 1203 Microeconomics (3 credits)
- ECN 1303 Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- MKT 2203 Ag Marketing (3 credits)
Advisor Guided Electives (14 credits)
Associate of Science Core (26 credits)
- Crops Judging Team
- Ag Mechanics Club
- Horticulture Club
- Collegiate 4-H/FFA
- Farm Bureau Club
Nolan Breece AgronomyI chose NCTA to get a better understanding of the crop side of agriculture. Upon graduation, I plan to continue my education at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
NCTA was a great place to start my education. I enjoyed being close to home while getting to know lots of people in the community and taking advantage of the recreational activities in Curtis.