Starting Class in Spring or Summer?

Spring Semester Assistance

New students and transfer students beginning their enrollment in the Spring semester will need a current academic year FAFSA on file with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and need to be admitted to the Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture for the spring semester. Funds are awarded on a first-come basis to students with completed financial aid files. Currently enrolled students need not reapply each semester as they are automatically considered for financial aid for the entire academic year.

Summer Assistance

Most students are expected to obtain summer employment to generate savings for the upcoming academic year. If it is necessary for you to take summer courses, and if funds are available, we will allocate assistance based on your need as determined by the FAFSA completed for the current academic year. If you have already filed a FAFSA for the current academic year, you do not need to file the FAFSA again for summer assistance. Students cannot exceed their annual maximum loan limit (Chart) over a combination of the fall semester, the spring semester, and the summer session. If you plan to attend summer classes and need financial aid, you may want to reserve some of your loan eligibility from the current academic year. Those students that are enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) for the summer session and have a completed FAFSA will be sent an award letter with their summer awards if they have remaining financial aid eligibility.