Undergraduate students must have a completed financial aid file:

  • Submit the FAFSA to the processing center.
  • Submit an application for admission, high school transcript, college transcripts (if applicable), and application fee to the NCTA Office of Admissions. Returning students who must be readmitted to NCTA must also submit all application materials necessary for readmission.
  • Submit all documentation requested as required for verification.


  • Some financial aid applicants will be required to verify the accuracy of financial data based upon federal regulations. If you are selected for verification, you will be instructed to complete verification forms or submit other documents, such as tax return transcripts, W-2 forms, marriage certificate or military discharge papers. When verification is complete, you will be notified of your eligibility for financial aid through an email directing you to MyNCTA.

General Eligibility Criteria:

  • To be eligible for any of the need-based programs, your financial need must be determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the federal processor.
  • Each semester of the academic year, you must be enrolled at least half-time (six credit hours) in an eligible program. In most cases, enrollment status is determined by the number of credits for which you are registered on NCTA's census date. (Census date is the last day each semester to add classes.) Note: Federal Pell Grant funds may be available to undergraduate students enrolled less than half-time.
  • Your application must be made so that the FAFSA is received by the processor at least four weeks prior to your last day of eligible enrollment or June 30, whichever comes first.
  • You must be a U.S. citizen; a national or permanent resident of the U.S., the Northern Mariana Islands or the Republic of Palau; or be in the U.S. for other than a temporary purpose. Citizens of the Marshall Islands and Federated States of Micronesia are eligible, if otherwise qualified, to receive Federal Pell, FWSP, and FSEOG. Permanent residents will be required to provide copies of their I-151 or I-551 card before being awarded aid.
  • You must not be in default on any federal loan (e.g., Federal Perkins, Federal Direct Stafford, Federal Family Education Loan, Federal SLS or Federal PLUS).
  • You must not owe a refund on any grant funds previously allocated, or you will not be allowed to register for classes.
  • You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree program.
  • You must comply with Selective Service registration requirements (males only).
  • You must be making satisfactory academic progress.